These books have truly been influential in boosting my self esteem, taken my positivity to higher levels, and kept me feeling well rounded. Here are 5 of my favorite books that have changed my life:
- The Alchemist. This book was recommended to me on one of my travels and it was the gateway to reading self-help books. In short, it’s about a boy who works as a shepherd and is on a quest to look for treasure. Along the way he meets the alchemist who teaches him life lessons and about the world. The underlying theme illustrates what’s important in everyone’s life and to never lose hope in finding it. I love that it’s so uplifting and is a reminder that everyone’s on their own personal journey for their own Personal Legend.
- The 7 Habits For Highly Effective People. This book was recommended to me by my boyfriend and it truly changed my life. It’s a book about how to be the absolute best version of yourself possible as well as being a wholesome asset to the world with just 7 steps. It’s definitely a read that I should be going back to because it’s so powerful. Highly, highlyyyyy recommend everyone read this one time.
- The Power of Now. This book was recommended to me by several people and it’s no wonder why it’s so popular. Although I found it to be a bit of a tough read, only because you really have to be in the right mental state, it was so important for me to read at the time. It’s a reminder that we all have busy lives and easily lose sight of what’s happening in the current moment. We miss such important things in our lives because our mind is too busy worrying about something else that we forget about the current state of Now. It really helps you center yourself and focus and enjoy on the present moment.
- When Breath Becomes Air. I found this book on Instagram when someone said they were in tears after reading it. I said “sure, I could use a cry” so I bought the book and went to town. This was a fairly short read about a man’s life as a doctor after he finds out he has cancer. It’s a different perspective reading about the irony of how cancer takes anyone down with no mercy. His perspective and lessons he learns are so so important and a great message to send out to everyone.
- Girlboss. This book was so popular and recommended everywhere. I finally picked it up and was left wanting to be a business woman. This follows the life of Sophia Amoruso and her come ups from a closet on Ebay to her empire, Nasty Gal. She takes you through her ups and downs with her quirky and hard ass personality and shows you that you are a Girlboss too, you just may not know it yet. I really enjoyed it because it left me feeling confident in myself and knowing that I could be the odds to follow what I am passionate about as well.
- You Are A Badass & You Are A Badass At Making Money. These two books, similar to Girlboss, left me feeling like I was confident, satisfied, and unbreakable. This was also a quick read but it was jam packed with great advice on simplifying your mind and allowing you to feel on top of the world.
- Into The Wild. I absolutely love when travelers recommend books to me because they just know what I like. As someone with the passion to leave home and explore, I related to Christopher McCandless with his desire to roam the world. This book follows the life of a traveler who had a successful life at home and left it all with the bare minimum to hitchhike, camp, climb, across the states, and reaching Alaska. To some, it sounds crazy and ridiculous, but to others (including myself), it’s the dream to leave everything all behind and go on living simply and naturally. Although I don’t think I could ever, it was great reading and living vicariously through his eyes.